I will start this out by admitting we have a garage, so we aren’t forced to keep hunting gear in the house. However, I prefer to keep it easily organized and accessible. Much like living out of a suitcase, it seemed to be a time-consuming option to pack all of our hunting stuff in bins to have to sort through come hunting season. With our clothing and some gear in a standard closet, we can pack much quicker.
I bought a closet organizer from Amazon a few years ago and arranged the shelving in style similar to the picture on the box. At that time I was planning for the closet to store board games and kids toys. In retrospect, I may have been able to situate the shelving in a different configuration to better utilize the closet for the purpose our hunting clothing and gear, but it’s working out ok.
Top right: I store my hunting packs and both of our daypacks. Ryan stores his packs in the garage. There was not enough room for all of our packs, and his are larger.
- Right-hand hanging rack: Jackets; soft shell and Puffy’s Bottom right: top of bin: Kifaru Doobie
- top bin: hats
- middle bin: gloves
- bottom bin: socks, bra’s and underwear
- 4.Bottom right: I have a boot dryer, heated insoles and my boots and camp shoes.
- Middle top hanging rack: base layer tops and bottoms.
- Middle shelf right:
- Left bin: Tanya’s misc. Girl stuff
- Right bin: Ryan’s misc. stuff
- Middle Bin: top of bin: battery packs and misc. Cords for cameras, GPS, etc.
- First aid packs, lighters, fuel tabs, ‘do-not-eat’ moisture packets
- hot hands
- camel back bladders, water filtration tablets
- gaters and shoe spikes
- Left-hand hanging rack: pants
- Middle shelf left: hats (not flat bills, lol)
- Bottom left hanging rack: Raingear: jackets, and pants.
For information on specific items shown, just drop us an email at Ryan@averyadventures.com or Tanya@averyadventures.com. We are creating a shopping list tab on our menu of items we use; it will be up shortly:)
*UPDATE: This closet is still clean and organized due to our hunting season being postponed because of my hip surgery. :/